Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Pittsblog Status Update

Summer is in full swing, and my travel schedule has gotten correspondingly busy.  Pittsblog posting will be even lighter than normal for a while.

I'm writing this post in Munich, where I come most summers to do some summer teaching and beer drinking.  Munich is an absolutely lovely city, made all the more so by its extraordinarily broad and efficient public transit system:  underground; suburban trains; trams; and buses, all well coordinated with each other. 

There is just about no point in comparing a place like Munich with a place like Pittsburgh.  The two cities could not be more different.  Still, every year I return to Pittsburgh more determined than ever to ride public transit rather than drive.  And every year, I am quickly disappointed by its dwindling public transit options.

No comments: