Monday, March 21, 2011

What's Not to Like?

No doubt *not* in response to this Pittsblog post from last December about what's missing in Pittsburgh's current entrepreneurial environment, but absolutely in line with my point:  "Law firm offers help to tech start-ups" from today's PG.  Cohen & Grigsby, and specifically C&G partner David Kalson, will provide some low-cost and free legal services to Alpha Lab incubated companies.  (Truth be told, my post prompted some email notes telling me that this deal was in the works, even then.)

So far as I know, this is a first-of-its-kind partnership in Pittsburgh, and it's a great development.

The announcement at C&G's site doesn't say whether or not the arrangement is exclusive; I hope that it is not.  Pittsburgh not only needs more of this sort of thing, but Pittsburgh -- and the client companies and employees that ultimately benefit from these and related professional services -- also needs some lively competition.

No comments: