Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Am Samizdat

Some winter afternoon silliness:

Pittsblog, presumably, along with all other Blogger-hosted blogs, is now unavailable to City of Pittsburgh employees -- unless they sneak a peek on their own time, at home or at a friend's place. Or unless they evade the ban like any 12-year-old could.

I'm reluctant to take a cheap shot here, but I can't resist a cheap nudge.

Let's take the policy at its word. Now that the power of the Burghosphere has been unconditionally confirmed by the City of Pittsburgh ("Bloggers at the door, sir!" "Sound the alarm and send for reinforcements!"), I say: Onward! Aux barricades! Next up: Allegheny County. Harrisburg! Philly!

Exeunt omnes, to the strains of Ain't No Stopping Us Now!

1 comment:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Downtown wi-fi is a work-around too.

But what bugs me the most is the claim that blogspot.com can be malicious. I don't need to defend blogspot. However, there isn't any technical need to stiffen the firewall. And, they've blamed the technical reasons. Smells like a "lie."

When they lie, I get hacked off.