Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jacques d'Amboise Coming to Pittsburgh

I'm just getting around to posting a note about new January's CityLive!/No Wall Productions event featuring Jacques d'Amboise: "Not. Just. Dance!" It's next January 16 at the New Hazlett Theater.

I'm no dance connoisseur, and most ballet doesn't appeal to me (despite the fact that dancers are often amazing but underappreciated athletes), but just about anyone who paid attention to 20th century American arts knows and admires Jacques d'Amboise. I have a personal affection for the man for having danced in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which for all of its flaws features one of the two great barn-raising scenes ever committed to film by Hollywood. Witness, of course, contains the other.

Jacques d'Amboise has spent his career sharing dance with everyone. He'll being sharing it with Pittsburgh next January. I'll be there.

No comments: