Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Entrepreneurship News

Pop City has a nice roundup of recent early stage funding for local companies, much of which is linked to Innovation Works.

Last summer, after Cori Shropshire left the Post-Gazette and the Post-Gazette largely stopped covering what had been Cori's economic development beat, I volunteered to try to fill this gap by posting news and notes about the local tech scene. After a handful of these "Pitt's Bytes" posts, I gave it up. Unlike Cori, I didn't (and don't) have the time to chase down stories on my own, and my handful of occasional correspondents stopped sharing the news. (I had a couple of conversations about getting on the IW press release mailing list, but that never happened.) It's nice to see Pop City come out with the occasional piece on this vital community. It would be even better if a local funder could figure out a way to finance a full-time "entrepreneurship" beat writer for the Post-Gazette . . . or the Trib . . . or Pop City . . . or Pittsburgh Quarterly . . . or the Business Times . . . or a local blog.

No comments: