Finally, we're going to have fun street sweeping together. The work won't be strenuous, and we'll be doing it with other fun, young Pittsburghers -- students, professionals, and artists alike. We're not just calling on activists, the politically savy, the "green," or the volunteers -- we're calling on everybody. As young people in Pittsburgh, its time that we quit waiting for the City to fix our community, and its time that we start fixing it and expanding it ourselves. In that spirit, we're all going to go to a local bar after our volunteer efforts to meet each other, share our clean-up war stories, and, have some drinks to help reduce our sense of smell after an hour of our force cleaning up garbage...The pitch:
* Come: help clean up your City and save its rivers on Sunday, August 26th at 10AM.
* Meet: at 5707 Walnut Street
* Wear: Bright colored clothing (so motorists don't have to guess where we are...)
* Bring: Gloves, comfortable shoes; some trash bags if you have them handy. Maybe a broom?
* After: We'll be returning to 5707 Walnut for a cookout and a keg of beer, courtesy of Fanatics Bar in Squirrel Hill.