Monday, February 05, 2007

Energy Issues

On an unusually cold day, here are three energy-related notes from Pittsburghers that came my way while I was out of town last week:

First, Chris Schultz has started the Green is Good blog, focusing on conservation issues. His Feb. 1 post focuses on Pittsburgh's poor air quality.

Second, Dan Bednarz, who has been working with Portland, OR on a plan to deal with anticipated chronic energy shortages in that region (the problem of so-called "peak oil"), noted in an email that Pittsburgh needs to wake up and pay attention to this problem.

And third, Herb wrote to announce his new blog: Pittsburgh Weather Watch, at http://pittweatherwatch.blogspot.com/index.html. I'm not sure that I need a weatherman to tell me which way the wind blows. It's cold. Nothing but cold. But here you go, Herb, and thanks for the tip.

No comments: