Friday, September 22, 2006

Great Race on Sunday

I'll be running, er, jogging, in next Sunday's Great Race. Look for me toward the back of the pack as we move up and down the Boulevard of the Allies.

Today's pre-race coverage includes this weird quotation from someone who, like me, doesn't have a typical runner's physique:

"Some guy who's 6-2, 6-3 and kind of muscular is going to weigh at least 200 pounds. I don't think your old noseguard or someone like that enters races."

Well, Steve: The first part is true, but the second part ain't. I ran, er, jogged, San Francisco's Bay to Breakers 10K for many years, on a course that's much tougher than what the Great Race offers. In several races I saw the San Francisco 49ers offensive line running, er, jogging, with the rest of the throng. Sometimes they ran with an old quarterback. I know that I ran by Jim Plunkett one year.

1 comment:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Just home. We had a nice 5K. (My second son and I.) Hope all had a fun and safe event.