Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pittsblog in Person

Gary Rosensteel calls me a tech-oriented "rabble rouser," which undoubtedly explains why my invitation to the Morgan, Lewis & Bockius 10th anniversary party got lost in the mail. Still, I have the highest respect for that office; as a group of lawyers in Pittsburgh, it's light years ahead of any other office in its understanding of new economy business and legal issues.

Meanwhile, Gary's post is a reminder that I'm the guest speaker at next Tuesday's meeting of HELP Pittsburgh, a group of and for Pittsburgh entrepreneurs, at Doc's in Shadyside. The email invitation that Gary sent out describes me as "THE hot blogger on entrepreneurship and business development in Pittsburgh. . . . Most of the "movers & shakers" keep a watchful eye on what Mike has to say, as he influences a lot of thought around town." I don't know whether that's right, but I like "hot blogger" more than "rabble rouser"; maybe I'll be respectable enough in time to get invited to the ML&B 20th anniversary party.

All kidding aside: Next Tuesday's HELP meeting starts at 5:30. Doc's isn't as swanky as the Oxford Centre, home of ML&B, but it has more brews on tap. See you there.

No comments: