Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tops in Tech -- Correction

In the Comments, Amos is right to point out that the PTC's list of best-of-tech for 2005 is the list of nominees; there will be one winner per category. My characterization jumped the gun.

While we're on the topic, though: I'm a little puzzled by the need to have a "best of" competition. I rather like the idea that a bunch of companies -- and pretty diverse companies, in terms of size, age, growth rate, and product/service/technology focus -- are included. Companies are allowed to self-nominate, but that's not a problem; I think that local firms don't do enough to promote themselves locally. That's the real reason that I'm running the series of posts with links to all of them: in my tiny way, I'm trying to bring them a little visibility.

No comments: