Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mt. Lebanon Blogging

The Mt. Lebanon material on Pittsblog has a curious effect on the readership. Partly for that reason, partly because there's stuff that goes on in my town that just isn't worth space on this blog, and partly because it's just an experiment in community-information-distribution, I'm going to be posting most future Mt. Lebanon material to a new blog: BlogLebo. I wanted to call it LeboBlog, but blogger gave away that domain to a French-speaking person named Bob, who isn't really using it.

My plan is to make BlogLebo a group blog (thoughtful Lebo-based bloggers wanted; let me know if you're interested), with an emphasis on the politics and economics of this community. Right now, it's just a shell of a thing, with no real content and not much of a design. But hopefully, and gradually, that will change.

Meanwhile, yesterday I spotted a Mt. Lebanon police office buying a pizza to go at Mineo's. The windows at Caruso's are covered with sheets listing signatures of local residents demanding a public investigation of the recent Tasering of its owner.

No comments: