Thursday, March 17, 2005

Pittsblog Update

I've been working, and traveling, and writing, and not posting here. I'll try to do better soon.

Meanwhile: Houston, as they say, we have a problem. In the comments to my last post (on the current production at the Jewish Theatre of Pittsburh, which you all really should go see), someone posted a couple of comments under what purports to be my name. Allegedly, I'm moving back to California; I never really liked it here; sorry to the people I misled, etc.

Sorry to disappoint you, whoever you are, but I'm not moving back to California. I still do like Pittsburgh. And I intend to continue to do so, and say so, here.

The question remains -- what to do about the fictitious "Michael Madison"? I'll leave the comments up, because (among other things) they show how *not* to impersonate someone. If you're going to be an impersonator, then use the name that the person usually uses to introduce himself or herself. Also, be sure to use the writing style that the person typically uses. And don't make uncharacteristic grammatical or syntactical errors.

Should I close comments? I would prefer not to. I like reading them. But I do, reluctantly, have to impose a new rule: No anonymous or pseudonymous comments. Real names only. Nicknames that I know (Cope) are OK. Everything else is subject to being deleted.

No comments: