Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Best Movies of the Season

I'm still waiting for Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby, but until then: I've enjoyed watching Jamie Foxx in Ray (a better performance than a movie, but a pretty good movie); Paul Giamatti in Sideways (he was even better in American Spectator, but there's a priceless moment in Sideways -- a Paul-and-Bart-Giamatti real-father-and-son moment -- when Paul's character is sneaking money out of his mom's dresser); and Cloris Leachman, who all but steals Spanglish. Kate Winslet doesn't have a lot to do in Finding Neverland, but seeing that film reminded me of her fabulous work in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I have a few days left to see what's worth seeing, and I like to see the good stuff when it's in the theater. What have I missed?

No comments: