Monday, February 02, 2004

So Many Websites, So Little Time

On my drive in to Oakland this morning, I saw a green, oval "PIT" decal on the window of a car next to me. I made a mental note to look up the greenpittsburgh.net website that the decal advertised in small print. Greenpittsburgh.net is the website of "Greenpittsburgh.net," a joint web-based project of ThreeRiversConnect and Sustainable Pittsburgh, cool community resource/info tech websites that are, regrettably, not well known around the region.

There is a lot of cool, progressive community development work going on around Pittsburgh. Getting the message out is important. (I'm not sure that distributing oval green "PIT" decals is the way to do it. I'm instantly reminded of the incredibly offensive "I vacation in a nicer place than you do" OBX and similar decals spreading like a fungus on SUVs around the region.)

No comments: